Your students may already know how to play. If not, they’re going to love it!
Setup for Ultimate Ninja
Players begin standing in a circle, standing at arms-length.
Playing the Game
The goal of Ultimate Ninja is to be the last ninja standing: to eliminate other players by slapping their hands. On a given turn, a player can attack or move in one fluid motion.
- Everyone says, “3, 2, 1… ULTIMATE NINJA!” and then all players quickly hold a ninja pose.
- Choose one player to begin play.
- On a player’s turn, he or she may do one swift ninja attack — one motion that attempts to touch another player’s hand. Once making this motion, the player must freeze and hold the motion they just made.
- Any time a player is attacked, they may dodge as a reaction by moving their hand or arm, but they cannot move their feet.
- Immediately after the attacker moves, it is the next player’s turn (moving clockwise from the attacker) and they can immediately do an attack.
- If a player gets their hand struck, they must leave the circle, as they are eliminated.
- Play continues until all ninjas are eliminated. The winner is the ninja left standing
Debrief the game talking about being anchored:
- What did it feel like to have your feet anchored to the floor during our game?
- How did it help to have your feet anchored?
- Just as a boat is anchored, or our feet were anchored in the game, Jesus can be our anchor. What do you think that means? Read Hebrews 6:19.