For God So Loved
By: Ashley Wilson
In “God So loved Us: Part 1,” we established that God is creator of true love - Agape love. In Romans 8:28, we see that “those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” He loved us so much that he saw fit to create us on purpose and calls us to live a life defined by purpose. The is that in order to achieve this good, purposeful life, we must first love the one who gave it.
Those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28
When we return God’s love we are able to recognize, grow, and know our purpose. Growing up in church I was, of course, constantly learning about God. The more I learned, the more I wanted to know. This eventually took me from a place of knowing about God to actually knowing God personally. When one grows to a position of knowing God you start to know His character. You become in touch with His Sovereignty. You start to realize that God’s love and grace can be found in all things.
When one grows to a position of knowing God you start to know His character.
Knowing God has also helped me to understand my own life. God has walked with me in every situation I’ve gone through and has helped to form into the woman I am today. God has given me the purpose I am called to walk in. Throughout my life, I have led and been a part of numerous youth groups, developed curriculum, and found I had a love for planning. If it were not for these God-directed opportunities it would have been impossible for me, at twenty-four years old, to even conceive of creating a non-profit, let alone running it. I believe that God can harness our experiences to direct us toward His purpose for our lives.
You may be so confused about what you are supposed to be doing in life, but I can tell you 5 things I know for sure:
- You were made on purpose: Psalm 139:13
- You are loved and desired by the One: John 3:16, Romans 8:39
- That One wants a relationship with you: Romans 8:35
- Our main goal in live is to bring as many people as we can into a relationship with Him: Matthew 28:13, Mark 16:15
- Your calling in life and unique purpose was given to accomplish #4: 1 Corinthians 7:17–24, 2 Timothy 4:5, 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- What is God's purpose for your life?
- What do you need to do to reach for that purpose?