In this icebreaker students will compete to find the funniest “because” response to random “why Questions.
Read the following list of “why” questions and then pass out slips of paper and writing instruments to everybody. Invite each person to select one of the questions and write an answer that begins with “because.” Encourage them to be creative and even a little out of nowhere. An example could be, “because a mouse ate all the peanut butter crackers.” Collect all the answers in a basket, and ask the following questions again, this time answering each one with a randomly-selected slip of paper. The results could be something like, “Why is Thanos so angry? Because a mouse ate all the peanut butter crackers.”
- Why is Thanos so angry?
- Why did Elon Musk shoot a Tesla into space?
- Why does the iPhone X have a notch?
- Why did Meghan marry Harry?
- Why does Winnie the Pooh like honey so much?
- Why do we have to stand up when there is a “*” in the bulletin?
- Why do people get sunburned?
- Why does soda fizz so much?
- Why did Khloe name her daughter True?
- Why are zebras black and white?