Applications Now Open for YOUTH 2023 Design Team
UPDATE: The applications for the YOUTH 2023 Design Team are now closed. Thank you to those of you who applied! Please hold the review team in prayer as they go over the applications and make invitations to join the team.
Applications for the YOUTH 2023 Design Team are officially open! The Design Team is the heartbeat of the YOUTH event and works together with Young People’s Ministries to shape the theme and programmatic pieces for YOUTH 2023. In organizing the Design Team we value: diversity, collaboration, experience with large-scale events, connections in the Methodist family of faith, and reliability. Our team for this event will be limited to thirteen people. Nine positions are open for application and four positions will be recruited by a Design Team member as a part of that position’s responsibilities.
Read on for details about eligibility for the Design Team and what it means to serve the YOUTH event in this way.
WHO CAN SERVE ON THE DESIGN TEAM?
- Those 18 years of age and up as of January 31, 2022
- Those passionate about serving others and willing to volunteer their time
- Those interested to serve the United Methodist denomination on a large scale, gaining experience along the way
- Servant leaders who embody the values of diversity, discipleship, and actively live out their uniquely Methodist/Wesleyan faith.
BEING ON THE DESIGN TEAM MEANS:
- That Young People’s Ministries covers your costs to lead and participate in YOUTH 2023 and planning meetings. This includes event registration, travel, food, and lodging during the event and on-site meetings.
- You are volunteering your time to serve on the Design Team. There is no compensation for serving.
- At least one in-person planning meeting (tentative dates week of February 21-25, 2022) on site at the Marriott Ocean Front Resort in Daytona Beach.
- Plenty of virtual meetings and work between in-person meetings.
- Being onsite for the entirety of YOUTH 2023, arriving early and departing late to help with event set up and tear down.
- Becoming an advocate and representative of YOUTH 2023. You’ll be one of the faces of the event for the entire church, so sharing in the excitement and recognizing yourself as a public influencer will be important.
- Worship Planner (will recruit an Emcee)
- Office Manager (will recruit Attendee Experience Liaison)
- Design Team Caregiver
- Volunteer Coordinator (will recruit Service Coordinator)
- Store Manager
- Accessibility Ambassador
- Workshop Coordinator 1 (will recruit Workshop Coordinator 2)
- 2 Curricula Creators
NOTE: All applications must be submitted by December 1, 2021. Your application is not considered complete until we have received three reference forms. Questions? Contact Chris Wilterdink at firstname.lastname@example.org.