A Full Life
One of the deepest human desires is to live a full life, and that is the life we are called into by Jesus in John 10:10. This lessons helps students follow that invitation.
Go around the circle and make sure that everyone knows each other.
- Have each person say their name and one high point and one low point of the past week.
- Have each person share something they are looking forward to over the next week.
- Ask people to share a place or a time where they have seen God at work over the past week.
Warm up questions for the scripture:
- What are some of the goals you have for yourself and your life…both right now and in the future?
- What are some of the things that stand in your way of achieving your goals?
- Do you have any goals in your life that seem unrealistic…goals that would be a real challenge to achieve, if so, what are they?
- Do you have any goals for your faith? If so, what kinds of goals do you have?
- What are the things that stand in the way of your “faith” goals?
- What are the biggest challenges you face to being the person you think God wants you to be?
Have someone read John 10:10
- Some translations of the Bible use “full life” and some use “abundant life”. In this case, both mean the same thing. What does it mean to have an “full life”? What are the things you would need in your life to feel like you life is full?
- When Jesus says in this passage that He has come to bring people to a “full” life, what do you think that He means?
- There are a lot of messages we get about what it means to live a “full” and “happy” and “abundant” life. What are some of the messages we receive about this and where to they come from?
- In the passage Jesus talks about the thief who comes to steal and kill. Understanding that Jesus isn’t talking about a “person” as much as He is talking about things and situations…what are some of the things that come to destroy your “full” life?
- Jesus is saying in this passage that He has come to your life to bring a fullness…to have a life that is meaningful. He is saying that following Him will bring you that life…we read this in the verses right before the one we just read. How is it that Jesus, and a relationship with him, brings us a full life?
- What stands in our way of having that full life Jesus is eluding to in this passage?
Close by giving each person the opportunity to share things that are standing in their way of living the full life that Jesus offers us.