2021-2022 Youth Service Fund and Grant for Ministries with Young People Projects
Every year, Young People’s Ministries is grateful for the opportunity to provide financial support to innovative projects that serve young people through our grant programs.
The Global Youth Service Fund uses money raised by annual conferences to fund projects that are by and for youth. These funds are identified and administrated following The United Methodist Book of Discipline, paragraph 1208.
The Grants for Ministries with Young People are provided from Young People’s Ministries’ program budget to support creative and innovative ministry with young people.
The application and selection process can take nearly an entire year, in part, because of the diligent reviews done by an international project review team. Due to COVID travel restrictions, that team met virtually to review and approve this years’ grant recipients. It can be a difficult job because there are often more applications than there are funds to provide. We are always proud of that diverse team and the time they volunteer to work through the grant applications.
2021-2022 Grant Projects
Global Youth Service Fund
- Train and Empower Adolescent Girls, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Ending the Violence, Empowering Survivors, West Africa
- Glocal Leadership Project, South Georgia
Grants for Ministries with Young People
- Leadership Academy, North Texas
- LEAD Cohort for Young Adults, Western North Carolina and California-Pacific
- Kulli Tuklo Tribal Youth Leadership, Oklahoma Indian Missionary
- Young Leaders Academy, Zambales, Philippines
- Community Garden in the Food Deserts of 3rd Ward, Texas
- Bridge Builders, Mississippi
More information about the grant programs can be found at https://www.umcyoungpeople.org/grants.