God in the Graffiti
Pastor VJ Cruz-Baez, and artists Jessie Castillo and Jesse Martinez join us to talk about “God in the Graffiti.” This initiative invites street artists to develop their gift of painting as a theological practice. Scholars are then invited to discuss a particular issue upon which the artists reflect and create a work of art.
- Jessie Castillo (on Flickr)
- Jesse Martinez (on Flickr)
- An article about this ministry sponsored by La Plaza United Methodist Church, Los Angeles, CA. (at interpretermagazine.org)
- Made possible by a grant from the General Commission on Religion and Race
- In connection with the Cal-Pac Conference of the United Methodist Church (calpacumc.org/graffiti)