Youth/Young Adult Application for 2016 Jurisdictional Pools
The agencies of the United Methodist Church are encouraged by the Book of Disciple to include diverse representatives of the church on boards and tables, these diversity suggestions include provisions for the inclusion of youth and young adults. In the USA, Young People’s Ministries is helping to create a pool of ‘free agent’ young people who would be available to the agencies of the United Methodist Church to fill age-specific slots on their boards and tables. Youth and Young Adults interested in becoming a part of this pool should complete the application below. More Information:
- Each United States Jurisdiction may create a ‘Jurisdictional Pool' of up to 10 youth and 10 young adults (total of 20 people per jurisdiction) who are available to UMC agencies to meet age-specific diversity suggestions
- Information of the applicants in the Jurisdictional Pool will be provided to Jurisdictional Conferences, where election to UMC agency boards often takes place
- Those elected by Jurisdictional Conference will need to complete a separate application at the time of their election
- If more than 10 youth or 10 young adults apply to the pool from a single jurisdiction, Young People’s Ministries staff will be responsible for reducing the number of applicants to 10 of each in that jurisdiction.
- Inclusion in the Jurisdictional Pool provides a chance to serve on an Agency’s Board, but there are usually less than 20 spots to fill.
- Form must be submitted by November 31st, 2015
- Youth applicants must be between the ages of 12-18 years old as of July 31, 2016
- Young Adult Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 as of July 31, 2016
- Active in the United Methodist Church
- Ability to commit to a 4-year term serving an agency of the UMC
- Ability to travel to annual (and sometimes more frequent) meetings scheduled by the agency