Motown Mission Experience Director
Setting: The Motown Mission Experience (MME) seeks a full-time Director to coordinate 700+ volunteers annually in 20,000+ hours of community service projects in Detroit. The MME Director has primary responsibilities for coordinating a full calendar year of service weeks. Seasonal staffs, recruited and trained by the Director, live together in intentional Christian community while leading service weeks. Motown Mission volunteers, staff and community friends participate in spiritual discernment and ministry with the poor in order to listen to how the Holy Spirit is calling them into further Christian discipleship, service and leadership.
Position Description: The Motown Mission Experience Director (Director) is responsible for recruiting and training seasonal staffs to run daily operations of MME service weeks. The Director also implements program structures, executive level development, strategic partnerships, grant writing and fundraising that lead toward overall sustainability of the organization. As a ministry of the United Methodist related 501c3 Young Leaders Initiative (YLI), MME’s Director is accountable to YLI’s Board of Directors in matters of job performance and other governance issues.
Position Type: Full Time
Salary & Benefits: Negotiable annual salary plus Health Care, 4 weeks paid vacation
Reports To: Young Leaders Initiative Board of Directors
Location: 8000 Woodward, Detroit, MI 48202
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, Train and Supervise Seasonal Staffs
- Develop resources, structures and tools for registering, preparing and helping volunteers serve well and reflect spiritually on their experiences in Detroit.
- Deepen strategic partnerships with project providers, local congregations and the United Methodist connection. This will include new programmatic support for covenantal partner churches.
- Pursue a grant writing and fundraising strategy for long term sustainability.
- Ensure financial integrity of ministry through regular reviews/reports of budgets and spending, including annual 990 filings with help of the Board of Directors and contracted MME certified public accountant.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred (MDiv, MTS, MSW etc)
- United Methodist Clergy Track (Deacon or Elder), or United Methodist Missionary preferred
- Specialization/Certification in Youth Ministry, Ministry With the Poor, or Urban Ministry preferred
- 3 years combined experience in Christian service, mission, social work or comparable settings
Interested candidates please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org